Website Privacy Notice
Data Protection - Privacy
respect your privacy, and want to be clear about how we handle information
information may we collect about you?
may collect personal data about you in the course of our work. That may include
- Your contact details.
- Your date of birth.
- Where you work.
- Your wishes and criteria in any transaction you are considering.
- Financial information, for example about your income and capital resources.
we will have received this directly from you. However we may also receive
personal data about you from others, such as from the other party to a
transaction you are engaged in or from joint agents. Family members also
sometimes provide information about each other.
will we use the information?
use of such personal data is subject to data protection law.
mainly use your personal data to provide you with information or services you
have requested. We may also use it for any other purpose for which you give your
consent. For example we may send you additional information about the firm or
its services, if you have consented to us doing so.
may also use it for other normal purposes connected with our work. For example
we will use your information to update our own business records, complete
statutory returns, and otherwise comply with our regulatory obligations.
we share information about you with anyone?
We take your privacy seriously. We will
never sell your personal data to anyone, and we take precautions to keep it
secure. It will sometimes be a normal
and necessary part of our work to pass on information to third parties. For
- We may pass on information about you to solicitors to help them proceed with a transaction in which you are involved.
- If you are a prospective tenant, we may pass on references about you to the landlord.
- We may inform utility companies of changes in the occupiers of property.
- We may pass on information to maintenance and repair contractors, in respect of property where we have responsibilities.
- We may need to pass on information to those who help collect outstanding accounts.
In addition our practice may be audited or checked by third
parties such as our accountants, which may enable them to see some information
about you. Such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in
relation to your information.
Data Protection in Respect of
Money Laundering Checks
personal data we receive from you for the purposes of our money laundering
checks will be processed only for the purposes of preventing money laundering
and terrorist financing, or as otherwise permitted by law or with your express
You consent to us retaining such data for longer than
the five year statutory period, unless you tell us otherwise.
You have a right of access under data
protection law to the personal data that we hold about you. We seek to keep
that personal data correct and up to date. You should let us know if you
believe the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Acceptance By using this website, you
consent to the collection and use of information by Blake & Thickbroom
not use our site.